- Dato’ Eric Tan Chwee Kuang, aged 41, was appointed as our Director on 5 June 2018 and redesignated as an executive Director and appointed as the chairman and chief executive officer of our Company on 27 August 2018. Dato’ Tan is the co-founder of our Group and a director of each of IP Core and MDC and a member of the Nomination Committee and the Remuneration Committee. Dato’ Tan is primarily responsible for our overall business strategy, preparing annual budget proposals, and major business decisions of our Group. He has more than 20 years of experience in the information technology and telecommunication industry. Before establishing our Group, Dato’ Tan held various positions in the information technology sector. On 1 August 1999, Dato’ Tan joined V-tech as a support specialist to provide technical support for clients. In October 2001, he joined Perot Systems, as a specialist to provide system access support to clients, where he accumulated industry experience. Dato’ Tan left Perot Systems in 2006 as a specialist of the company.
Dato’ Tan obtained his diploma in computer studies from the Informatics Institute, Malaysia in April 1998. He has also been certified as a Microsoft Certified Professional and a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer in May 1998 and September 1998, respectively, under the Microsoft certification professional program.
- Mr. Saw Zhe Wei, aged 33, was appointed as our Director on 5 June 2018 and re-designated as an executive Director of our Company on 27 August 2018. Mr. Saw is responsible for our overall business strategy, preparing annual budget proposals, and major business decisions of our Group. Mr. Saw is also the head of technical of IP Core, and is primarily responsible for managing the technical team to ensure that all operations in process are installed in accordance to the required standard with appropriate procedures.
In July 2010, Mr. Saw graduated with a bachelor’s degree in information technology (honours) in security technology from Multimedia University in Melaka, Malaysia. He has been certified as Fortinet Certified Network Security Administrator, and as Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional, in 2011 and 2013, respectively, under the Fortinet training and certification program. He started his career by joining our Group as an intern from October to December in 2009, and as a part-time supporting staff from January to May in 2010. He joined our Group as NOC Technical Level 2 in June 2010, and has worked on our technical engineering projects. He was promoted to the head of technical in January 2013. Throughout his journey at our Group, Mr. Saw has performed different roles accommodating to the needs of customers and project nature. His qualification and experience brings him the necessary skills to provide solutions in different projects, ranging from the design and implementation of internet and intranet infrastructure, building security features for wireless connections, to setting up tunneling and backup functions for our customers. Mr. Saw has over nine years of experience, and has been involved in more than 12 major projects as of the Latest Practicable Date.
Independent Non-executive Directors
- Mr. Lim Peng Chuan Terence (林炳泉), aged 49, was appointed as our independent non-executive Director on 11 Nov 2019. He is the Chairman of the Audit Committee and a member of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee. Mr. Lim graduated with a bachelor of commerce degree from the University of Western Australia in March 1995, and has been a member of the Certified Practising Accountants of Australia since 1 April 1999.
Mr. Lim has more than 22 years of experience in corporate finance. From 1994 to 1997, he started his career as an audit assistant at Ernst & Young, where he later served as audit senior and was primarily responsible for the audit of companies in Singapore. In July 1997, he joined See Hup Seng Pte Ltd, a Singapore company primarily engaged in the business of corrosion prevention services for offshore & marine industries and construction industry as a business development manager, and was appointed as business development director in June 1998. During his position as business development director of the company, he oversaw the successful listing of SHS Holdings Ltd (formerly known as See Hup Seng Limited) on the Catalist Board of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (“SGX-ST”) in November 1998 (SGX stock code: 566) and he had been the executive director of the said publicly listed company until September 2006. Since 2006, he has started his own business and co-founded Paliy Marine Engineering Pte Ltd., an exempted Singaporean private company primarily engaged in the business of building and repairing of ships, tankers and other ocean-going vessels.
- Mr. Phua Cheng Sye Charles (潘正帥), aged 50, was appointed as our independent non-executive Director on 11 Nov 2019. He is the Chairman of the Nomination Committee and a member of the Audit Committee. Mr. Phua graduated with a bachelor of laws (Honours) degree at the University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom in July 1993. In 1995, he was admitted as advocate and solicitor in Singapore. He has over 24 years of legal practice in the field of corporate and civil litigation, including working in Ms. Khatter Wong & Partners as a legal assistant. In 2000, he set up Legalworks Law Corporation, a barristers’ chambers specialising in insurance litigation, which then merged with M/s Tan Kok Quan Partnership in 2007 where he served as a senior partner for six years. In 2014, he joined M/s ComLaw LLC as a director.
- Mr. Yau Yeung On (游楊安), aged 45, was appointed as our independent non-executive director on 11 Nov 2019. He is the chairman of the Remuneration committee and a member of the Audit Committee. Mr. Yau has more than 22 years of experience in the IT industry. From October 1997 to May 2001, he worked as a project engineer at Modern Time Technology Ltd, an IT infrastructure system integrator in Hong Kong, and was responsible for handling on-site maintenance service, installation and project coordination in Hong Kong. From May 2001 to February 2003, he joined Infotech Services (HK) Limited, which provided services for the data network team of the Hong Kong Police Force as an analyst programmer, and was involved in the implementation of project works including core network layer and technical support for the Police data network in Hong Kong. In June 2001, he set up Tohia International Limited, a body corporate providing broadband network infrastructure design, as well as technical project consultancy and management in Hong Kong. In October 2016, he served as a general manager for Boast Inc., a shoe manufacturing company, and was responsible for the daily internal administrative work and production plan control.
Mr. Yau has obtained a master degree in industry-based information technology management from the University of Wollongong, Australia in November 2004.